1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

list of my build mods....

Discussion in 'Original Phlatprinter MODIFICATIONS' started by rjarois, Dec 19, 2008.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Nice one Jeff! this is going to a great machine and I love the thumb screw ideas for the removable face plate. We may need to do that on the MK3
    Thanks for sharing
    Mark and Trish

2. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Cool Jeff!
    Man I need to get my overhead mod done too. Although I'm really looking forward to the MK3 now. If I can come up with the funds I'll just do both LOL.

3. iflyos

iflyos Member

Jeff, Randy...if either of you could change anything about your overhead mod, what would it be?

I ask because I just happen to have what may be the last unbuilt MKI bonez kit in existence, and pretty soon I am gonna start building it. I have been pouring over all the MKI mods, and adding that to what I have learned from building and running the MKII.

After much thought, I think I really wanna do an overhead gantry, so I can take advantage of the faceplate idea for different tools (pens, swivel knives for vinyl maybe?)

Belt drive on the "Y", Spring mod on the pressure roller, Flex shaft cutting tool, Screw the cabinet together...those are all givens. Is there anything I am missing?

Thanks,

Tim
    AG4RZ

4. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

I wouldn't change anything that i have done, i would love a way to put the MKIII gantry on mine for the better Z setup. Being that I doubt that i could ever afford the MKIII as it stands right now with me being laid off for over a year now and still no prospects after sending out over 30 resumes a week :cry:

5. iflyos

iflyos Member

Jeff, Man I hate the job situation. I keep hearing the economy is getting better, but I never see any proof.

I would love to have an MKIII as well, but it just isn't in the cards for me, and the MKII is going to Lucky, since he has more time to cut kits than I do. I got real lucky on this MKI Bonez kit, so I am gonna build it up so I don't lose cutting capabilities.

I would like to see 100IPM cuts & rapids, if I can. I have slowed my MKII to that speed and the cut times aren't to bad. Of course, since I will be doing prototypes and one-offs, I don't really need the faster speeds the MKII and III are capable of, but I would like to be faster than the stock MKI if possible...

Tim
    AG4RZ

6. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

100 ipm is really easy except for the Z axis without serious mods, that is why i want to take a MKIII Y-Z setup and put on my MKI

7. iflyos

iflyos Member

What speeds can I expect out of the Z? Or, better put, what do you see speed-wise with your machine?

I know the Z can run slower than the X/Y and your over all cut speed can be higher than the Z speeds, simply because of the different distances each axis moves.

The biggest advantage I see to building the gantry overhead is you can change the Z axis out as you want/need...making future upgrades even easier.

Tim
    AG4RZ

8. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

my Z is set to 45ipm with a 3/8 acme rod

9. foamflight

foamflight New Member

How did you get 45ipm out of the z axis? i'm lucky if I can get over 30.