1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Mach3 not controlling the board

Discussion in 'Mach3' started by TigerPilot, Jul 22, 2011.

1. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

It's obvious many people don't use the Mach3 anymore since there has not been any posting here in a long while. I hope someone still knows how to use it since I don't get it to control the Easy CNC board. In the Mach screen, the led next to the reset button flashes all the time and I can't get it to stop even when I press the 'reset' button. I've checked the port settings in Mack3 and it says for LTP1 '0x378'. In the BIOS it calls for 378H and in the Devise Manager it says it is set to 0378. I tried to change it in Mach but it reverts to the default all the time. Also, In the BIOS it is set to 'ECP' and there is no IRQ settings.

2. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Not sure about that one as I got mine working so long ago (back in the original MK1) but I believe there is a test function in the Mach program folder where you can test the connections and such. I forget the name, but it should be an obviously named *.exe in the folder where the software is.

3. TigerPilot

You know, rcav8r, I was just getting to my computer to check the Mach3 website when I saw your post. I was going to look up the 'driver test' and I think that that is what you meant too. I just remembered reading a long time ago that you have to do it first but it is not mentioned in the Mack set up with the DVD and I just forgot about it. I'll do the check now and we'll see if that was the problem.

4. TigerPilot

It was the E-Stop pin. It was set and I couldn't shut it off. I had to disable it. Once I'll get the machine running I'll enable it again.

5. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

E-Stop pin?? Was this the soft button, or did you find a place on the board?

6. TigerPilot

In Mack3 pin #10 is assigned for the E-Stop by default and is active. For some reason it got a signal from the board, I think that that is what happened, that the E-Stop was pressed. Since I didn't know how to tell it it's not pressed, I just disabled that setup. Now Mach3 works. After all the calibrations, and so forth, are done I'll look into activating an E-Stop. Right now I still have to figure out how to get an axis go into the other direction after a limit switch was triggered.

7. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Just found this posting and it sounds like you are well on your way to getting it working Yoram
    You machine is going to rock when you set up the limits on there! :good:
    Have Fun! :banger:
    Mark and Trish