1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

MAVACPJM71 - MKII Build Log

Discussion in 'Phlatprinter MKII BUILD LOGS' started by mavacpjm71, Oct 11, 2009.

1. mavacpjm71

mavacpjm71 New Member

Thanks Mark. Another issue was found last night when I was assembling the Lid unit. The Plexiglass provided for the lid is an entire 1 inch short. It doesn't even touch the other side of the lid unit. Here are some pics of it for you to review. I must assume the manufacturer cut it short, its exactly 1 1/2 inches shorter then the lid front where its supposed to seat down and be screwed in. The lid fits perfectly on the printer, but the plexiglass can actually sit between the middle of the 2 ends. Weird :)

It's awesome that you will bring the manufacturing in-house. With your awesome CUSTOMER SERVICE and Attention to detail it will only make this awesome product even better.

All the best,

-Peter Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Peter, it looks like the manufacturer accidentally sent you an original Phlatprinter windshield. We will get in touch with them and ask that they send you a new windshield ASAP! The last MK II that was sent also had this windshield problem. They must have pulled from the wrong pile that day. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Mark and Trish

3. mavacpjm71

mavacpjm71 New Member

Not a problem, as I said in my email to you. YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER SEEN !!! PERIOD. I will be buying a few more of these printers, and really appreciate the extra effort you all put into your business. Its AMAZING!!!! :D

-Peter

4. mavacpjm71

mavacpjm71 New Member

Ok, Here we go - Lets finish this BAD BOY!!!

I received my new piece from Mark and Trish, super fast - thank you SOOO MUCH!! YOU GUYS ROCK!!!

So here is the build log continued. From the point of the gantry completion to the end. Here we go!!!
    :lol: Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ://www.phlatforum.com/PhlatforumVB/converted_files/11708=3536-DSCF0826.JPG" class="gc-images" title="DSCF0826.JPG" style="max-width:300px" /> [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Looks good. I'm sure you can't wait to make that first cut.
    If you use the place inline feature you can move your pics wherever your cursor is at when your editing your post.

6. mavacpjm71

mavacpjm71 New Member

Thanks 3DMON will use that tip next time :)

7. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Nice job mavacpjm71 !!
    I am looking forward to seeing your vacuum modification, after seeing the way you have your driver board laid out in the pics.
    Thanks for sharing your build with us
    Mark and Trish

8. mavacpjm71

mavacpjm71 New Member

Thanks Mark and Trish. I can't wait to make my first cuts. :)

9. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

mavacpjm71, looking good man....good luck on your first cuts..randy.

10. MartinT

MartinT Member

Congrats man, it's looking really good, I can't wait to finally start on mine, unfortunately for me I have to wait another 3 weeks before I can start building, and to know that the parts are already delivered (except for the electronics) and just laying there waiting...
    What I am curious about, what is the total weight of the thing?

regards,
    Martin

11. mavacpjm71

mavacpjm71 New Member

Well the new steppers I ordered - thanks KWOK came in friday. So I swapped out the bad one and replaced it with the new one for the gantry movement. Re-tuned Mach3 and calibrated.

The moment of truth arrived at around 6pm PST on friday October 23, when my Phlatprinter went live for the first time. I did the typical thing and did a dry run of the code to make sure all was working smoothly, everything went well on the dry run so I picked a plane from the forums. The F-22 Raptor. Man I love that plane, I picked the pusher kit and loaded up the phlatcode in Mach3. Check to make sure it looked right, checked to make sure the feedrate wasn't crazy overboard like some of the files have - i.e. 500 feedrate or higher.

Set the bit to flush with the surface, set home for printer. HIT THE PRINT BUTTON and here is what she did. Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Congrats, my man. Looks good. Go ahead and knock yourself dead with it. :D :D

13. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Peter,
    You rock!! This was an awesome read this morning Thank you so much for posting this.
    We are really happy to see you have it up and running so nicely.
    Can't wait to see the idea you come up with!'
    Great job!!
    Mark and Trish

14. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

Sweet!!!! Fast build time as well Peter. Well done!!

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

15. firetrappe

firetrappe Member

Nice one Peter :cool: Your build looks really nice, thanks for posting all the photos. To cut that F22 in 4mins is really impressive. Let the modding begin :D

Si.

16. mavacpjm71

mavacpjm71 New Member

Thanks Firetrappe, Fozzy, Tiger. Everyones help was paramount in getting my printer done. Thanks to Kwok as well.

Most importantly, Thanks to Mark and Trish. Man let me tell you, I have worked with many people in my life, I have purchased many RC related products in my 30 years in this awesome hobby. But NEVER have I encountered such an incredible team as Mark and Trish. Man it's a Family, really truly believe that. I was treated like family from them from day one. And throughout my build they helped me through every single problem, as did many of you on the forum. Its truly a blessing to be apart of this group and community. And I want to say THANK YOU to Mark and Trish. I am a customer for life for sure, and I will be getting a few more of these printer's both for my personal use and to mock up designs for my business.

MARK AND TRISH YOU ARE A BLESSING, as is the Entire community here and I thank you for all you do!!!! :D

Cheers,

Peter(Mavacpjm71)

17. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

You're welcome, Peter. Glad to help out. Congratulation on finishing the MK2 and 1st cuts. :) So, I got to know. You said you replaced the motor. What about the computer? Did you go to a desktop, instead of the laptop?

-Kwok

18. mavacpjm71

mavacpjm71 New Member

Went with a dual-core with 4gb instead of the laptop. Man what a difference it makes. Not to mention for the printer, with a faster ECP port. Thanks again for all the help!!!!

-Peter

19. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

mavacpjm71, cool build..glad its running smooth...hey i really like your parts supply board...especially your "stash" of hackers, ther my favorites. peace, randy.

20. mavacpjm71

mavacpjm71 New Member

Thanks, I pretty much took over the basement. I have my own kitchen, big screen Man Cave with HD and My RC WorkRoom. I installed custom cabinets and some hardcore Corian Counter tops to work off. I pretty much live down here on weekends. My wife crafts so it works out really well - she uses one area and I use the other. Of course the sound of the phlat running isn't her favorite sound though :) I live off Hackers. I have some big Giant scale aircraft running them, my comparf 3.3m have the hacker 200 in her and my aeroworks edge has the a-100. I also have a 24 inch vinyl cutter down here and a 36 inch vinyl cutter from roland. So I can mock up just about anything now, especially with the phlatprinter now apart of my build room.

21. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Peter,

Thank you so much for the compliments! We can not tell you how much your feedback means to us. And, thank you everyone for helping Peter throughout his build. The Phlat family came through again!

Your basement sounds really nice. We can't wait to see the creations that come out of it. We know they are going to be awesome!

Thank you again.

Mark and Trish

22. firetrappe

firetrappe Member

Sorry to go off topic, but Peter can you post some details/photos of your CompArf with the 200 in please? Is it the Yak 55 you have? I've never seen an e-powered version :eek:

You have some awsome toys!

Si.

23. mavacpjm71

mavacpjm71 New Member

No its the Super Extra ...not the YAK. I will grab some photos from the archive and post. I have 3 birds e-converted on the giantscale side. In my photo for the finished phlatprinter you can see my 4 big 5000 mah 6S batteries to the right of the printer on the counter top. They are in a white heat shrink. I eat up 5 sets of those per day on the weekends when I fly. And charge 2 more while still at the field, I get about 6-7 15 minute flights a day off this setup. And let me tell you, electric performance is superior in many cases to my DA - 150 and TOC 3W 150 perf.

-Peter

24. mavacpjm71

mavacpjm71 New Member

Hey Firetrappe,

I think you probably checked my pictures at FlyingGiants. My avatar is the comparf 3m that I e-converted. There are a slew of photos of it in my album, feel free to check out the other ones I have. Its not a complete list of all my planes, just some of the ones I fly over 33%.

Cheers,

-Peter

25. firetrappe

firetrappe Member

Thanks for the info Peter. I googled and found your FG profile, but I hadn't checked your gallery. I really like your 40% Yak 54, great color scheme!

If you have any pics of the install in your Super Extra then i''d love to see how you've set it up. A friend of mine who lives a few blocks from me has one with a DA150 in it and it's amazing. I take it you're running 2S2P with those 5000mah packs?

I think you're the only person on here whos brushless motor cost more than their Phlatprinter :D Attached files [​IMG]