1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

MooringAerospace MD-8 UAS/FPV Airframe Build Log

Discussion in 'Single Wing Aircraft Plans' started by mavacpjm71, Feb 20, 2010.

1. Rowedent

Rowedent Member

I was thinking of cutting out one of your planes tomorrow and i thought I would touch base with you to see if you had any updates on the cut file. I thought the the addition of a KF2 or kf3 would be good, as well as your motor module.
    I plan to put my FPV gear into it first,and then if it can carry the weight to add the Ardupilot and telemetry etc...
    2 of my last 3 uav's haven't done so well...

2. Rowedent

Rowedent Member

Here are our previous attempts at a UAV/FPV...
    UAV-1 had a few flights before a stall/spin into the ground
    UAV-2 had severe wing flutter and never got above 12 feet and didn't survive the return to tiera firma.
    UAV-3 was simply an extra wide BB33 with a HF3 airfoil. It of course flew just fine, albeit a bit overweight with no place for a FPV camera. All three of these were using the Ardupilot.
    Tomorrow we will test out FPV-1,a foam board version of the above MD-8. It seems heavy with the 2.2 battery, we shall see...It was a quick 4 hour build. Without landing gear the deserts gravel surface will take it's toll. No nice grass around here! (no trees to hit either) Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Cool builds Rowedent! Good luck with the version 3 maiden hope its a great success : doubleup:
    I like how you were able to keep the vstab small because of the two you have on the ends of the wings.
    I predict this plane will fly like it is on rails.
    Mark and Trish

4. Rowedent

Rowedent Member

It was not to be....overpowered launch with an aft cg...not very pretty. I wasted four dollars of foam ;) it was a fun evening though. Time to start another build.

5. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Ahh well back to the drawing board :D
    What do you have planed to make this time?
    Mark and Trish