1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

more gears to play with

Discussion in '3D models' started by browndodge, Jan 19, 2009.

1. browndodge

browndodge New Member

The large gear is an inside tooth gear, like the ring on a planetary. The smaller ones are regular and should allow for a planetary setup with several different ratios.

Attached files lots of gears.skp (2.3 MB)Â

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

browndodge, Thanks for posting these! I am working on making a cut out of the first set you sent :)
    Did you ever find out anymore on the non circular gears? Does your program allow for that?
    Thanks
    Mark

3. browndodge

browndodge New Member

my program does not allow for non circular gears that I can tell. I did see something in the help files about making odd shaped gears by using parts from gears or racks to piece something together, but I haven't had time to mess with it much.

4. kram242

browndodge, what program are you using something custom? You guys do a real nice job with theses.
    Thanks
    Mark

5. browndodge

browndodge New Member

We have mastercam that will draw gears, but lately I've been using a trial version of some Omax waterjet software that a salesman gave us to look at. Its gear generator is really easy to use and it saves in dxf.

6. kram242

Sweet!
    Check these out non circular planetary gears! Its amazing to watch. This is what I am trying to make out of foam :D
    I tried to talk to them about it and they say its custom software not for sale :( But I tried to trace out the layout in sketchup with no luck it has to be right on. I am trying to make the third one they show.