1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Multipass: Can't have less than 1mm

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by dddman, Aug 20, 2014.

1. dddman

dddman New Member

When I set the multipass depth in the SketchUcam parameters at a lower value than 1mm (per example 0,5mm (yes with a comma, for some strange reasons sketchUp and sketchUcam doesn't like points for decimals...)) and click "OK" or "SAVE" and "OK", the value always change back to 1mm when I go back i the parameters...

Another question: Is there any way to change the default value for the parameters? Even if I click on the save button and save the parameters as default, each time I close SketchUp and ope it again, the values are back to the default one (not the one I saved as default...)

I use sketchUp 2014 and SketchUcam V1.1e-beta4 on Windows 7. it does the same on the 2 computers I'm using.

Thank you!

2. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

the comma/dot : this is set by your regional settings in Windows, change it there and Sketchup will honor it.
    You need to do this, since the settings files get written with '.' (point) since SketchUcam *does not* honor regional settings. Sketchucam wants a plain number like 1234.7 (not 1,234.7)

Once you have set your decimal seperator to be a . tool profiles will work, but you have another setting to change. Sketchucam does indeed work with fractional mm, but it looks like Sketchup is set to round to the nearest mm.
    do this:
    Open Sketchup
    Window
    Model Info
    Units
    Precision -> set this to 0.00mm
    close the dialog

defaults? what defaults? there is no default save button! (well there is, but that is in 1.2 alpha which has not been released yet :)
    if you want to change the default values for new drawings you need to read the help and edit the MyConstants.rb file. Help is displayed by the big blue question mark in the toolbar.
    if you mean that you do a drawing , change Sketchucam parameters, save the drawing, reload the drawing, and now the parameters are not what you set, then I suspect this is related to the ,/. issue. Please fix that first.

3. dddman

dddman New Member

Thank you for the help, I uninstalled SketchUp and reinstalled it, now I can go under 1mm for multipass. I can also save the profile under "default" name and when I reload it the saved values are there. Yeah the "." works! It was really annoying to use the comma...

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014