1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

New and have a question - no tool path for one part?

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by matt_o_70, Jan 10, 2012.

1. matt_o_70

matt_o_70 Member

Guys,
    I am new to this.. I have a question on a file that I downloaded from the forum here. It is the polaris from here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1490&p=16753&hilit=polaris#p16753

I have one part that Won't generate an outside cut tool path. when I zoom in to inspect the file- I do see 2 things that look a little unusual.

The part in the center above is the offending piece. When I try to edit this - the entire entity is deleted rather than just the out side cut. I was trying to delete the cut and redo it to see if that fixes the issue.

The Tabs appear to be below the tool path? this looks unusual and there is a little line extending outside the corner that touches the orange tool path line?

When I make g-code everything is generated Except for the outside cut for this one part?
    Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

This is interesting, I have not run into this problem with the Phlatscript/SketchUcam. I think you may be missing steps on the z axis Yoram? also don't forget you can set the Z travel height in the parameters, to make sure you are well above the material when traveling between cuts.
    Mark and Trish
    EDIT: Yorams issue was not a SketchUcam bug, it was a problem relating to an older version of the Phlatscript. You can find out more on this from the link below, if you are experiencing the same issues (center lines not lifting the z back up to the safe travel area)
    http://www.phlatforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=3437&start=0

4. kram242

5. matt_o_70

matt_o_70 Member

Mark,
    I was able to go back the original file and edit it (delete the little line extensions) to get the outside cut to work.. I am a total newbie - The piece I was missing was to explode the part and then edit.

I watched you work on the Phlatlab Wed night show and picked up on that. It is really cool that you take the time to do the shows.. since it is a great way to pick up on the work flow. Thanks guys.

6. kram242

Thank you Matt that's good to hear, I am glad it is helpful. Sketchup in comparison to a lot of other cad programs is really unique in that there are so many plugins available. Its not a very hard program to learn the basics of and then it just keeps growing to fit different needs by adding new plugins. This is what I really like about it.
    Thank you again Matt, for letting us know that you are picking up tips from the show! :good:
    Mark and Trish