1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

New PC

Discussion in 'GENERAL Phlatprinter MKII Talk' started by Ringo Davis, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Ringo Davis

Ringo Davis Member

I have a mkII with a very old pc. I copied the software over to a brand new desktop pc. I Installed a pci parallel port card but instead of coming up at address 0x378 it come up at c010. I can't even put that address into Mach3. Any Ideas on how to fix this?

2. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

You can change the port address in mach3: Config > Ports & Pins > Port Setup and Axis Selection > Port # 1 > Port Address > 0xc010

Maybe the attached file may help you
    There are cases that the parallel port does not work because it is disabled in the Bios

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  3. Ringo Davis

Ringo Davis Member

Tried that and got nothing. I then noticed my new motherboard has headers for a parallel port on it. I got a cable for that so Now I have a real printer port. I went into the BIOS and saw where the onboard port was disabled and I enabled it. I checked in device manager and the ports address is 0x378 so I put that into Mach3 but I still get no movement. upload_2014-4-16_21-57-23.png
    What else am I missing? I know the cable is good and the phlatrinter is good cause I can move the cable over to the old PC and it works.
    Any thoughts?

4. Ringo Davis

Ringo Davis Member

1 more piece of information. I found a parallel port test program online. I can use it and toggle some of the pins and see the bit move mm by mm. so the port is good. it must be something that I did when I copied the mach3 over from 1 pc to another. all the settings I have compared look right but I'm missing something

5. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

There are not many mysteries in CPI uses a parallel port
    In most cases it works without problems

A lot can go wrong

The address of the PCI, would be different from 0x378
    It may be that the BIOS does not recognize the parallel port CPI
    May be missing the correct driver for it
    May be defective in port or cable
    Bad electrical contact
    Electric voltage too low door
    Misconfiguration or wrong pin parallel port
    PCB mounting wrong
    Even Windows can be faulty

If it becomes too difficult to solve, consider replacing the CPU by a with parallel port

6. Ringo Davis

Ringo Davis Member

What is CPI? I don't understand that part or the last statement. I gave up on the PCI board when I realized the motherboard has a parallel port on it. so now I'm trying to use a real parallel port which is at 0x378, but I still get nothing. I reinstalled Mach3 and it loaded the driver (says it did anyway) and I made sure all the pins were set up the same way as on the old machine. there has to be something I'm missing.
    Ringo

7. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

CPI = PCI
    Sorry for the inconvenience, error due to Google translator or typo

Do not write in your language (only read a little bit), for posting on forums is a birthing
    Use the translator and then translate the results into my language; much is meaningless; edit and translate again until it looks good; but this is not always a reality for anyone reading.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014