1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Notions for Bamboo Products

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by frankmcneilll, Jan 7, 2010.

1. frankmcneilll

frankmcneilll New Member

Hi All,

This pdf doc has some stuff that was suggested in a pdf about mechanical things. It was cooked up for a different audience, mostly people who work with bamboo in India. I doubt that any of the notions have been put to use because it has been my experience that the best way to kill a project in India is to suggest something similar. Don't overdue this kill method though because somebody in India might use it to suggest solutions to our problems in the US. Maybe some of the notions for bamboo products can be used to develop eps foam products.

Best wishes, frankmcneilll Attached files Notions for Bamboo Products.pdf (355.7 KB)Â

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Frank you have some of the coolest ideas going. I love studying these PDFs and try to figure out ways to incorporate some of these ideas into foam or some of the designs we are working on here on the Phlatforum.
    Thank you for sharing.
    Mark

3. frankmcneilll

frankmcneilll New Member

Hi Mark & Trish,

I have a question, have you ever used anything obtained from the SketchUp Warehouse to generate machine code for phlatprinters? Go to http://tinyurl.com/ybs28ws for sketches of things made of bamboo. As you probably already know there are collections for 3D views of animals, airplanes, boats, buildings, bridges, etc. that can be added to collections for free use.

Best wishes, Frank

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Yes we have . I use it mainly for the 3D solid models in making slice forms.
    Like here viewtopic.php?f=211&t=58
    I have not seen any of these bamboo models but they look great!
    Mark