1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Paper Airplane RC

Discussion in 'Strange Aircraft' started by strictly3d, Oct 27, 2011.

1. strictly3d

strictly3d New Member

Hey all,

This is my first post of a project. I hope it is done right. I decided to do something with some scrap foam so I was folding a paper plane to throw to my new puppy and the idea hit. I am sure they have them already but here is a 6mm foam "paper airplane" It has a 24 inch wingspan and is 30 inches long. I used the electronics from my crashed ParkZone's Micro Stryker and flies very well. I did modify the battery leads to accept the larger ThunderPower 2 cell 480 mah battery. It will fly a very long time on that! I am very new so the skp file is all I have right now. I am waiting for my new PFlatprinter to arrive soon. I have to learn more about putting it into a cnc file but hope you can do that yourselves (sorry) In reality you can cut it with a straight edge as it is a simple to cut out. I hope you enjoy it as I have several other projects in the autocad dwg format like the flying truck and I am working on some Star Trek and Star Wars Vehicles and others. Any question or comments please let me know.

Dan Attached files paperairplane.zip (373.8 KB)Â

2. Tweakie

Tweakie Member

Hi Dan,

I think that is really excellent, I look forward to seeing your next projects.

Tweakie.

3. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Pretty darned cool. :doubleup:

A while back I drew up a "paper" airplane, but didn't know about/have the micro gear.. The thing would have been huge for the gear I had so I didn't pursue...

4. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

STAR TREK?!!! I heard STAR TREK! WOOHOO! :dance3:

Can't wait.

Welcome, new Phlatprinter owner, aka Phlathead. Keep em' comin'.

5. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Dan, where is the CG?

6. strictly3d

strictly3d New Member

Well all I watched the videos from "Crash" ie Mark. I learned alot today and here is the cnc file. It is untested and since I am VERY green at this I hope you can let me know if it is ok.

Again Mark....Thank you for your great Videos. Here is a great example of what I learned today from you !!!

Ok here is the file...

If you cut it out let me know how it came out!

Dan Attached files paperplane.cnc (5.5 KB)Â

7. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Guyz, this is a true testament of just how fast one can be designing ideas for the Phlatprinter.
    Dan went though the videos and in a matter of days he already had a design in sketchup for me to check out!
    Awesome job Dan! thank you for sharing this!
    Yet again I think this would make a great combat plane (I think that about ever plane) :)
    Thanks again
    Mark and Trish
    p.s. I have some pics Dan sent me of the Paper plane that I thought may help with the builds

Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. nstaller

nstaller Member

:doubleup: Looks good, I just cut one out. It still amazes me how we can go from a file on the web to reality in a few mins.

Attached files [​IMG]

9. nstaller

nstaller Member

what star wars ships are you working on? I have the imperial star destroyer and have been working on a a-wing