1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

PayPal now charging fees for Personal Accounts

Discussion in 'General Talk Forum' started by kyyu, Jun 8, 2009.

1. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Bad news if you got a PayPal Personal Account. I'am not a heavy trader so a personal account was enough for me. Never had to pay them 1 penny, until today. It looks like PayPal is now charging fees for receiving funds to a Personal Account. I haven't sold anything for a while. Today, I got a payment of $15 from funds and got charged 74 cents, about 5%. I emailed them to see, if there was a rule change. Haven't heard back from them, but plenty of info when I google it. So it's confirmed. Someone said it's effective June 3 and they charge you 2.9% + 30 cent.

-Kwok

2. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

Nothing really new here. I've been paying fees for money deposited to my account from invoices to my clients for years.

Possibly the rates may have changed, I don't recall what it is I pay, but its just the cost of doing business.

3. 66tbird

66tbird Moderator Staff Member

Yep, me too for years, cost of doing business. On anything over $175 requesting an e-check is the way to go provided you can wait a few days. They're only $5.

I thought there was a limited number of times one can use a personal account, or maybe a total sum transferred before being boot from the personal category ;)

4. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

I've had the personal account for many years. I don't think there is a limit if you say, have CC and/or bank account associated with the account. I don't really know, since they basically do what they want, anyways. Whenever I can, like with Hobby City, I use this paypal account funded by CC. I think if there was a limit, I would have been kicked a long time ago.

-Kwok

5. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

They always charged me for money I received, and I have a private account too. My son has it even longer then I do and he was charged also years ago.

6. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Could it be where you live? I remember you lived on an island? All my rcgroups sales have been paid to this account. I count 13. Just the two radios, I have sold, was like $300. And I have never been charged a fee, in the past.

7. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

Your free lunch is over... join the paying crowd. Consider yourself lucky that you have not had to pay before now.

8. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Oh no, it has nothing to do with it. The money came to my PayPal account and staid there to be used to buy stuff on ebay. I never took it out. Besides, being a Canadian, my son still lives in Toronto, and he was charged too, even though he didn't take the money out but used it to buy stuff on ebay.