1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Phlat Lab Fun 10/20/10

Discussion in 'PhlatLAB LIVE shows' started by theothers, Oct 20, 2010.

1. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

This weeks show was a blast for us. We cut foam on the newly built final Phlatprinter 3 for the first time! The cuts came out better than we could have hoped. We are even MORE excited about the release of the Phlatprinter 3 that we were before if that's even possible :D

[pre] <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="608" height="368" id="utv914857" name="utv_n_269295"><param name="flashvars" value="loc=%2F&autoplay=false&vid=10320948&locale=en_US" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/video/10320948?v3=1" /><embed flashvars="loc=%2F&autoplay=false&vid=10320948&locale=en_US" width="608" height="368" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" id="utv914857" name="utv_n_269295" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/video/10320948?v3=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></object> [/pre]

Sorry for the video trouble we had while we were live guyz. Hopefully, this recording will play back ok. Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

I got a tip for you guys. Sure Mark just forgot about this, in the spotlight of a live show. ;) I bet he won't forget again. It just seems, at least for me, that when you have one of those palm on head moments, you don't make the same mistake again. Ok, so there was confusion on the live show, if the cnc file was setup to cut for overhead gantry. Just remember, it will say in the comments of the cnc file (at the very beginning), if it was generated for overhead gantry or not.

-Kwok

3. Gefahren

Gefahren Member

Just to let you know, if you cut the foam from the side that has the printing on it, then when the plane is folded up all the printing will be on the inside. I THINK I got everything set up so that the only place you'd see the black printing showing up is on the underside of the Ailerons, Flaps, and Ruddervators.

4. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Good show, I get really fired up watching that thing cut, it sounds like the Terminator right before Sarah Conner smashes him like a pancake. :lol:

5. jkarnacki

jkarnacki Member

Thanks for uploading this so quickly Mark and Trish, I appreciate it. Now I have something to listen to while I build tonight (with a single edge blade, of course :( )

- Jeff

6. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Hopefully not for long Jeff! :D
    Thanks for tuning in guys and helping to make the show fun for everyone :)
    Mark and Trish