1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Phlatprinter Sharpie Attachment Fun

Discussion in 'PhlatLAB LIVE shows' started by theothers, Jul 28, 2010.

1. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

We took a vector clip art of a skull and cross bones, seperated it into three colors (red, black, and silver), added a sharpie marker attachment to the Phlatprinter and drew out all three colors by changing out the sharpie markers and then for the finale, we cut it out. In this show, we also took some time to show off our Phlat Cat with her new toys from crash5050 and Catclaws.com. This show was a lot of fun. We hope you enjoy it as well :)

[pre] <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="320" height="260" id="utv724489" name="utv_n_341560"><param name="flashvars" value="autoplay=false" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/video/8575540" /><embed flashvars="autoplay=false" width="320" height="260" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" id="utv724489" name="utv_n_341560" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/video/8575540" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></object> [/pre] Attached files [​IMG]

2. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

The skull came out pretty cool. Fast too :D

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Buk :)
    Its all in the pen with this one. If we can get that pen to float under its own weight while still being able to stay straight we would be in business. We are working on a few ideas so the next try should work better without any digging in.
    One thing that I still cannot figure out is why when we went to do the cutout. It was off?
    From watching the video does anyone have any ideas?
    We will try this again soon
    Thanks
    Mark and Trish

4. 7up

Mark, did you get a chance to read that PM I sent you guys or did it get tossed due to the gmail virus thing going around? It may help out..?

5. kram242

Hello Buk :)
    I did get that email, thank you. Do you mind if we/you post the pics here? I think its a great idea and it takes a lot of the weight off the pen. However after the first experiment ,I still think that it may poke through even with just that little bit of weight. It may be that we have to use a pen with less of a point to it or even blunt the end of the sharpie like Crash mentioned. I still have not had the chance to test the pen weight only, by slipping the marker into a holder and let it 'float' on its own weight.
    I may have a chance to get some of that done tonight. If I can I will have the came on as well.
    Thank you so much for sending us your idea, it will be next in-line if the floating one does not work.
    Mark and Trish

6. 7up

Sure post away, it was just an idea to help kick start some of your ideas. I know your head stays full all the time with things you would like to try but there's just not enough hours in the day. :D

7. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

I know what will help you think of a good idea.......

Go HD! :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: :mrgreen: :lol:

Attached files [​IMG]

8. 7up

BLAHAHAHA!!! WHEW!!! :lol:

9. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Where's the disco ball and bell-bottom pants? Got your MOJO working?

10. meistertek

meistertek Member

Man those glasses make me laugh my *** off :lol:
    By the way it was really cool to see the skull drawn on the MKIII, it looks really cool. Can't wait to see some planes with graphics like this on them and then cut out and assembled.

11. kram242

:D Shaun you ain't right! :lol:
    We should get a bunch of these for contest! :lol:
    The floating one is working well I did a few test last night and the pen no longer pokes through the foam :)
    So we are on our way with that one.
    Thanks guys
    Mark and Trish

12. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Hehehe...
    I couldn't resist. :lol:

13. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

OMG! That is funny. In person, when you put those glassed on, you look like The Fly, lol!!! Good one Shaun. Too funny!

Mark and Trish