1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

PhlatScript how to (code side)

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by tvcasualty, Dec 12, 2008.

1. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

No I have no idea how to do anything, but a nice readme / txt file that explains what each component does would be really helpful! Anyone who would be able to help out on this would be very helpful! (I really hate to ask anything more of Pete).

The files names themselves help a little, but more info would be nice, maybe even a flow chart?

Thoughts?

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

3. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

Still looking into this in my spare time...
    I can't seem to figure out where it all starts.

Is anyone, besides Pete, looking at the actual code?

4. kram242

I am always poking around in there and trying my best to figure it out but I get lost! I mean I can figure out how to do some VERY basic things, but that is about it.
    One thing that I think would be a great feature is to be able to have the PhlatscripT output the gcode directly into a control script that would pulse the signals to the motors! That way we cut Mach out of the loop and have an entire setup from start to finsh :) That is the future dream!
    Mark

5. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

Yeah that would be a great feature, but runnin Linux saves me from buyin it so I am good for now, but it would really put us all on the same page.

I'm really struggling to figure out exactly where to start with the script. I'd really like to know what get applied when I click inside cut vs outside cut, and what exactly is called upon to actually draw those colorful lines...

I think a lot of simple mods could be done IF we knew just a little bit about it, and that's what I hope to learn with this thread.

6. kram242

If you open the .rb files with a text editor you can see Pete has put explanations as he went.
    I am not sure if Pete has the time but I think if you ask in the -Phlatscript- thread for him to add more detailed/simplified explanations in the scripts he would help.
    Mark