1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

PhlatScript stays at 1/8

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by TigerPilot, Feb 20, 2009.

1. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

I have set the 'constant.rb' to have the bit at 1/16 but it totally ignores me and keeps the cut-line, the yellow line for the outside cut, at 1/16 from the face edge which makes it a 1/8 cut. I tried going into the parameter window in SketchUp and re-enter 1/16 and it still makes the line as above. Any idea what goes wrong?

Yoram

2. 66tbird

66tbird Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried the drop down menu? Far left button on the phlatmenu group.

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Make sure that you set up your 1/16 in the parameters box BEFORE you start your work up.
    Let me know if that works for you please
    Mark

4. TigerPilot

Mark, I have the 1/16 set in the ruby script. It has to be loaded when the program is loading, before I start working.

But that is beside the point. Shouldn't it accept the change that I make when I click on the parameter button? Even so it shows up in the drop-down menu as 1/16 (the ruby script change I've made) I overwrite it and it still makes the lines (the yellow lines) at 1/16 from the face, which is a 1/8 cut.

Yoram

Update:

I closed SU and restarted. In the drop-down menu the bit-size showed up as 1/8. I didn't take the change I've made to the ruby script. I changed the value in the drop-down menu and it doesn't take it, even so I clicked on the OK button.

It was in the Constants.rb script where we were supposed to make the change, right? This is the change I've made: $default_bit_diameter = 0.0625.inch

5. kram242

That's seems like the right place but to be honest I seem to remember that there was another location where that had to be changed as well. I think it was in two different locations. Try looking around for another location on the default bit size, I could be wrong but it seems to me that's the way it was set up. Im am not sure which file it was.
    I will see if Glenn knows anything about this too.
    Mark

6. TigerPilot

The problem may be that I try to do it on projects that I downloaded here, as in the ComBat for example. When I try it on a new project, it's OK, but when I try to do it in the ComBat, or other projects, it makes the lines only at 1/8. Should I not be able to change that?

Yoram

Update:

I copied the faces from the one project where I have the problem and pasted them in a new instance of SU and then I tried the outside tool and it comes out fine, 1/32 from the face. That means the problem is embedded in the project that I download. The question above remain, though. Should I not be able to change it?

7. kram242

Ahh... that is the problem! the file was made up for a 1/8" so you cannot change that. If you make up a file for 1/16" bit and I download it I have to use my 1/16 bit to cut it. It has to be that was otherwise you would have all kinds of problems with parts that are overlapping in the cutting areas and what-not.
    I think it would be a great feature to be able to clear all the cut lines and reassign them at what ever bit size you like but that will be some complicated programming, though it could be part of a future release who knows maybe you want to add that to the 'Features you would like to see in future releases of the Phlatscript' section. I am sure others would love to have that as well including myself :)

Mark

8. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Yep, in order to change it you have to erase and redo all the cut lines and tabs.

9. TigerPilot

Erase and redo does not cut it, 3DMon, as you can see in my above posts. As I said, copying and pasting in a new instance of SU is what you have to do.

Yoram

10. kram242

Your right, As of now the erase Phlat edges function is lacking but we hope to improve that soon as well. :)
    Mark