1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Phlatscript Version 0.923 Chat

Discussion in 'SketchUcam DOWNLOAD' started by kram242, Feb 28, 2010.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

You could use the fold tool for the center line of the square and then center line for the rest of the square. Or better yet use the Shift key with the centerline tool to select single edges.
    That way you can get them all the way you want.
    Mark

2. MartinT

MartinT Member

3. MartinT

MartinT Member

O yeah, and by the way, on the back of the laminated inch/mm conversion sheet I have this handy ounce to gram conversion chart that I made...

Martin

When downloaded you will HAVE to rename the extension from .doc to .xlsx (since it's an exel file, but as it turned out I was not allowed to upload that type of file...) Attached files OUNCE to GRAM.doc (15.7 KB)Â

4. kram242

5. tsknutsen

tsknutsen Member

Firstly thanks alot for the new multipass feature, im looking forward to testing it on some ply tomorrow.

Though i had an idea for the multipass feature, to maybe make it more user friendly in the future, since i recide in a metric country and being not all too familiar with the Imperial system i thought maybe the multipass depth would be better off given as a percentage of the material thickness than as a set value of 0.XXinch for each pass.

Hopefully i made myself understandable but just in case, heres an example for my idea as an ideal sollution:

Lets say you have a 3mm or 1/8" plywood board, and would like to have it multipass'ed. You set the value that its going to cut 33% each pass instead of 0.0393700787inch.

Just an idea :)

Great script though can hardly wait to testing it out tomorrow :)

6. tsknutsen

tsknutsen Member

Also the fastest way of converting metric to imperial i've found is using google. for example: type in "1mm in inch" and google calculator answers: 1 millimeter = 0.0393700787 inch

7. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

That didn't even cross my mind when I implemented it but does fit right in with the percentage theme of the PS. Unfortunately I think it is a little late after the release to change the way it works. I do appreciate the suggestion and maybe we can also make that a configurable setting. I put a ticket in for it.

I'm working on the mm/inch problem for 0.924 so that should ease some of the pain. This will be the major feature in the release.

8. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Yes, the 'shift' trick solved my problem. Thanks, Mark

9. kram242

No problem Yoram,
    I always have to remind myself to look at the lower left bottom of the screen for the information of each tools options. As you select a PhlatTool icon you can look down there to see if there are any special options associated with that particular tool. A really nice feature added by Tim that allows us to see what each tools features are.
    Mark

10. tsknutsen

tsknutsen Member

gasmasher,

I figuered it would be a bit late, posted it just as food for brain :)

Anywho, just tested the multipass feature on my first woodcut on the phlatprinter, and it was so sweet :D

11. gizzmo

gizzmo New Member

I know I'm the one who started this inch to mm discution, but please, lets not discuss here what is not in the scrip right now, (there for we have the feature topic) but rather all the new things gasmasher came up with. Great work! :lol:

GreetZ,
    David

12. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Not sure if this is what the chat was about regarding curves, but with 9.23 and 9.22 I get the following when working with curves.
    The out put has the thing plunging on each segment as shown in the 1st screen shot. When viewing in SU, is obvious why. 2nd screen shot.

I also tried welding the drawing, and the applying the PS with the same results.

I made some ribs not too long ago w/ PS 9.10 and all was well. Cut like a dream. 3rd screen shot.

So the question is.... is this a "feature" in the newer PS? Also how do I get back to 9.10 ( I have the zip) to test. Just rename the folders, and copy back?

Also attached is the drawing I used to create the CNC

THANKS in advance. Attached files Pronto_sheet6.skp (85 KB)Â [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

I'm sure you will agree that would be a pretty silly "feature". There is a known bug that causes this problem but I have had a very difficult time recreating it. If you PM me the SU file (I always keep pm'd files completely private) I can see what is happening and fix it.

To get back to an old version just unzip it over your SU folder as usual. Kwok has some nice batch files that make it very easy to switch between different versions. viewtopic.php?f=185&t=1103&p=13703&hilit=batch+file#p9677 I don't think he updated it for the latest version but it shouldn't take much editing of the previous versions .bat file.

14. rcav8r

Yea, that's why I quoted it.. Hard to convey tongue in cheek in text.

Anyway Attached are the files. Interestingly enough I just went to re-create and when I group the objects, the CNC output is only the slot. When I ungroup, and generate the code I get the full part with the problem. It didn't do this the last time, and I deleted the files so I can't submit.

I have no problem posting the files here as I'm gonna do a built thread once I get the parts cut and post here. Nothing too exciting in them.

test1.cnc = just the tabs - grouped before generating CNC file
    test2.cnc whole part with problem. No grouping before generating CNC file
    .skp file the part in SU w/ PS applied Non PS file in my original post

As far as the batch for switching back and forth. I'll take a look here shortly, and post the results.

THANKS !!!!!
    Dave Attached files Pronto_sheet6_cnc_test.skp (103.7 KB)Â Pronto_sheet6_test1.cnc (385 B)Â Pronto_sheet6_test2.cnc (8.6 KB)Â

15. rcav8r

16. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Ok, I added v923 batch file installer: viewtopic.php?p=17020 Wasn't sure if anyone wanted these, but heard mention of it just now. I will always make these for myself, so if people what them posted just let it be known they are wanted.

For a moment there, I was amazed (more than normal) at the amount of work the gasmasher had done, being the v923 file was so huge. But comparing all the files, it did not compute. As it turns out, you guys release it with a huge 1.08 mb "thumbs.bd" file still in the zip. :p If you remember next time, I think the easy way is to delete it from the zip.

-Kwok

17. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

rcav8r, I fixed it by "phlatten"ing it, as you can see in the 1st picture. But I looked into it alittle more to try and figure out why. And it turns out the drawing was already flat. You see in picture #2 it was 3 problems areas. The one at the nose was easy to find, with the stray line plugins. But I knew something else was there becasue:
    1) the outline would not weld
    2) see 3rd drawing, "Create Faces" would not make a face. Kept saying it was no a close loop or something?
    So it's up to you, which way you want to fix it. You can either fix the bad spots or phlatten it to get the face. Ideally you would want to fix the bad spots. It's my educated guess the reason for your problems, was the conversion of your old phlatlines to new due to the fact the outline wasn't right. Once I corrected the outline, it was fine and wasn't because of not being flat. Or it could always be the conversion, didn't work 100%. If you got the original drawings, you can check it those problems areas was there originally.

Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. gasmasher

gasmasher New Member

Kwok, thanks for posting the batch files. I'm sure others are happy to have them available. I think the thumbs.db is coming from Mark's system when he packages up the zip file. Windows creates them by default and they might even be hidden be default. We need to add deleting that file as a step in building the package.

rcav8r, I wasn't calling you out on calling it a feature. I was trying to think of some ridiculous explanation where that might have actually been a requested feature but couldn't come up with a believable enough story. My humor bone failed and I just resorted to calling it silly.

Thanks for posting the files and it looks like Kwok has done a pretty good analysis on what is going on.

19. rcav8r

KYYU, THANKS for the tips. I was able to weld just fine, and since it had a face, I assumed it was good to go. So much to learn.
    I will check out when I get home tonight, and fix it the right way. I was assuming the drawing was OK, as it worked in the older PS. I can see the front not snapping right ( I am assuming that's what happened) as it would snap to one of the line segments of the arc, and not the true end. Also possible with the one in the wing saddle TE area, but not sure how it happened mid way back on the fuse.

Gasmasher.... I don't think your funny bone failed... I sometimes forget my jokes are inside...I use that term for stuff I write in Visual Studio for some hand helds here at work. When there's a problem, I just tell the user it is an undocumented feature, ....and then I remove it. :D

THANKS again

20. todd

todd New Member

This has been working great ever since you were able to fix my bug that was not a bug but rather my fault. :D I did find some strange behavior when using plunge with multipass. It move from plunge point to point within a shape rather than completing one plunge and then moving to the next. If the points are on different sections then no problem.

Again, as a software developer, I appreciate the excellent work.

21. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

I noticed these strange tabs in a drawing from the rocket thread, "Rocket_v2b.skp". I could not reproduce them: viewtopic.php?f=221&t=1746#p17070

Attached files [​IMG]

22. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

todd, I've submitted a ticket for the plunge tool multipass problem. Most likely will be fixed by the next release. -Kwok

23. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

I've got a problem that I can't figure out. Tried everything I can think of. Made the video below to explain. Am I correct that when you do an inside cut the inside area should turn white? I remember it doing that in the past, but not anymore. Should definitely do that with V0.923, correct?

-Kwok

Attached files My sketchup color problem.wmv (3.1 MB)Â

24. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Go to Preferences --> OpenGL and check "Correct reversed picking driver bug". Some video cards don't work right without this.

It may not help but it's worth a try.

Also if you are using a descent vid card turn on the acceleration under same dialog.

25. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Thanks anyways, 7up, but it's non of those things. V7.1 even did away with the "driver bug" setting. And for each install, hardware acceleration has been on, by default. Also, this computer has run sketchup for over a year.

Ok after trying many things and reinstalling v7.1 a few times, I still had no luck. So I installed v7.0 and behold it is worked fine with ps922 & ps923. I got the white texture when making inside & outside cuts. So just to make sure, I uninstalled v7.0 and reinstall v7.1 and again not working. These were installs where I deleted the entire sketchup7 folder. So I uninstalled v7.1 and reinstalled another version of v7.0 and working again. The strange thing is I seem to remember ps922 working with v7.1. I even tried installing the 2 different versions of v7.1 out there.

So here is the big question. Does anyone have sketchup v7.1 installed and the white color change is working for outside & inside cut tools?