1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

PhlatStang

Discussion in ''Aircraft KITS' you are working on' started by 3DMON, Jun 6, 2010.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

I agree Larry, I find myself using both some times and after flying the MKII Phlatplane that John xtreme built for us that has ailerons. I would have to say this is a good practice.
    Mark

2. Chuck

Chuck New Member

Kwok, what you said about the set-up is pretty much right on. Only exception is in Mix1 where you suggested setting RUDD to RUDD at "0", it actually has to be set at -100%. The AIL to RUDD in Mix2 is just the opposite and set at +100%. Thanks for your ideas. The "Stang" is flying well. I find flight times a little puny on 130 mAh batteries (cheap-o's). It does better on the battery Mark sent me. Maybe I am not getting them charged up enough or maybe the little Phlatstang is a bit of an energy hog. About 30 less than elegant landings and still no danger. This is a tough little design!

Chuck
    ...somewhere in Indiana...

3. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

The 160mah batteries are 30C discharge batteries unlike the 130mah which are probably only 10C or 20C rated.

The 160's pack a punch! Almost like flying a totally different plane when you have the punch behind it. I have been flying with 138 mah batteries which are only 10C rated. The difference is night and day when you jump up to a 30C discharge rate.

The 4Site motor was designed for the 30C rated batteries. It really does make a difference.

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

I agree Larry. We love them! I can wait for them to come out with a higher mah so we can fly longer. Although we have found that with 4 of them you can pretty much fly non-stop if you place them back in the 4 banger charger and keep a rotation going. I have one of the 250 eflights for the helis but they do not fit my charger. I may have to get a cord for my 'real' charger so I can try some of these out. With the large wing loading of the Phlatboyz, I don't see the added weight being to much of an issue, it may even help.
    Mark and Trish