1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Plane Stand

Discussion in 'Functional Aircraft Accessories' started by tvcasualty, Dec 15, 2008.

1. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

Simple airplane stand with window cut out so you can put it on a scale.
    1 sheet of blue FFF required.

Have fun!
    Attached files Plane Stand.zip (39.7 KB)Â [​IMG]

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Man, I didn't want to say anything (you know we want them all) and come across as sounding pushy but I have been waiting for this one to come over here :) Thanks tvcasualty
    Mark

3. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

This thing is super useful, and easy to modify if you need it to do something else.
    i'd like to do a thrust stand as well for that MiG I've been working on to check the static thrust...

This would be really cool to have made out of ply as well, all the compartments would make for a good field box!

4. Stelio

Stelio New Member

Nice stand. And since we like moding other people's designs, how about adding the two pieces shown to double up the contact area with the airplane at the two ends of the stand?

Stelio Attached files [​IMG]

5. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

Nice! Someone else made these stackable, looked pretty neat with all his planes stacked up. I can't remember who did it but it was cool!

6. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

That would be me :D

I am still messin with the code and will post soon. Lots going on with christmass around the corner and I lost my work shop till the new year because It is now a party room. :x

E-T Attached files [​IMG]

7. Evil-Tunes

Here is what I came up with. This Has Not Been Tested.

I still think it could use a little tweekin?

E-T

P.S. I didn't know it was for a Scale? Thats why the bottom was cut out some. Thats great! :idea: Attached files Plane Stack Stand.zip (651.3 KB)Â [​IMG]

8. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

Man that is a great idea. I wonder if we made the cut-outs deeper, and wider at the top, if it would work better? When I made this stand, I just needed something to put the plane on to weigh it, never thought about using them to actually store the planes on.

9. Evil-Tunes

10. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Watch the live cut/build here
    [pre] <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="320" height="260" id="utv985397" name="utv_n_298256"><param name="flashvars" value="autoplay=false" /><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="src" value="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/video/3793977" /><embed flashvars="autoplay=false" width="320" height="260" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" id="utv985397" name="utv_n_298256" src="http://www.ustream.tv/flash/video/3793977" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></object> [/pre]

Check out some of the other PhlatLAB live shows here
    http://www.phlatforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=1533&start=0

11. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

Nice mod!

12. frankrcfc

frankrcfc New Member

I was looking at an idea like that because I have a local hobby shop that has 2 styles of my planes there. Instead of hanging them in the air like they have I was hoping for a nice little slotted stand that doesn't take up too much floor space (there shop is really crowded with rc stuff and small) This would be great. The original one I designed got out of hand though. Just to bulky.