1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Problem Generating Cut path

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by cctaylor410, Jan 24, 2012.

1. cctaylor410

cctaylor410 New Member

I am pretty new to sketchup and the phlatprinter but picking it up quickly thanks to all the tutorials. Anyways I am having a problem generating gcode for one of my projects. It generates a tool path for center line cuts, plunges, and inside cuts but not outside cut paths for all but 3. For the 3 pieces it does generate outside cuts paths the lines of the object are not as bold as the rest of the pieces that fail. Not sure what that implies. I have attached it for review by someone smarter then me. Any help is appreciated.

thanks Attached files light box_cut 1.skp (372.7 KB)Â

2. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

The reason it did not generate the cut line is because it did not create a face when the outside line tool was applied. Most likely the dogbone tool caused your issue. If you would redo the dogbones at .135 instead of the actual bit diameter you should be fine.

Attached files [​IMG]

3. cctaylor410

cctaylor410 New Member

Thanks for the help and quick reply! Ill try your suggestion later tonight or tomorrow.

4. cctaylor410

cctaylor410 New Member

It worked! thanks again for the help. I wish I would of kept a copy of the parts before I applied the dogbone. Lesson learned. BTW when I removed all the dog bones, drew the lines back in, and reapplied the tool it would not work properly. The dog bones were in the correct corners but it did not delete the small straight segments. I had to go in and manually delete the short lines so all that was left in the corner was the dogbone. Hope that makes sense. Is there something I am doing wrong to cause that? Or is the tool hit and miss sometimes?

5. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Glad it worked for you.
    It was probably because you added the little line segments. I bet if you would have used the move tool to drag the lines back to its corner the dogbone would have worked fine. I would also suggest using the tbone option so your tab has more meat on it. If the tbone is going the wrong way when you try to apply it, hold shift and it will change direction.