1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Promo Plane Concept - Katana

Discussion in 'Free Flight' started by Crash, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Crash

Crash Moderator Staff Member

Potential plane to give out as a promo at shows...

Attached files Katana.zip (105.9 KB)Â [​IMG]

2. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

Perfect Crash! Plenty of Logo & website room on that wing! :D

I'm gonna take a couple of them to my office. :twisted:

But it looks like it will be tail-heavy. I'm checking now.

Okay, the online CG calculator says CG is .51" back from the LE of the wing, from the point where the 45° chamfer connects to the LE. It might take a lot of weight on the nose, unless you move the wing back at least an inch.

3. Crash

Yes, I agree. I was not really thinking about a flying model, but more of a small, static display model for advertising...

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Cool Mike sorry I didn't check this out sooner, as you know is been a little crazy here. Trish and I went downstairs last night to go to bed and as we walked through the house there is stuff everywhere! Trish says "It looks like we just moved in here" :D I had to laugh she is right.
    I guess you saw that out of the blue ET came over to the house during the live feed of the mock booth setup and (unknown to us) had pizza boxes full of planes already cut and ready to go logo and all ready for handing out! It was really cool because it really lifted a weight off our shoulders and allowed us to move on to other things.
    Thanks Mike for taking the time to make these up I know I had asked you for the help so its really my fault, but to my defence I really had no idea that ET was doing that for us, and you know especially how cool that was for hime to do out of the goodness of the heart.
    You guys are truly great people thank you both
    Mark

5. Crash

No worries here; I'm happy that there's one less thing to worry about! lol

6. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

Sorry Mike,

IDK that someone was working on this. I had 2 stacks of foam that was compressed to .200
    instead of .25. Now I'm just trying to get rid of the stuff as I found out the slots are to big for the compressed foam. LOL every 37 min I'm one sheet closer to the end of the stacks. I modded Anyairrc free flight I hope he dosen't mind? It flys very well and was easy to put together like the balsa $.99 ones. It is 15 inches long I had to make it bigger to fit the lettering That I took off of the Phlat-Tables

Cheers

E-T Attached files [​IMG]

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

ET - Be sure to give a copy of your file to M&T so they can cut more at the show. Great giveaway / advertising piece! :D

Crash - I still like the looks of that Katana. :cool:

8. Crash

You did an outstanding job, ET! Again, no worries here. Besides, mine takes quite a bit more nose weight to make it an actual flyer. LOL I got caught up on the looks more than functionality. I love how the spinner came out! I'll probably cut out a sheet of the Katanas with my web info on it and give them to the hobby shops in my area for static display to advertise my cutting service (Hmmm - I guess I need to work up a little display stand!). No time was wasted on this, as far as I'm concerned.

The thing that most pleased me with my work here, was that I knocked it out in only about 20 minutes. I got a nice feeling of satisfaction from that, as only a few months ago something like this would have taken me an entire afternoon to get right! LOL

You are one swell fellow, ET! That work you did was so generous to our mutual friends. I KNOW they're really "swimming in it" right now trying to prepare for their first show!