1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Recent problem with the forum

Discussion in 'How to navigate the Phlatforum' started by Gefahren, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Gefahren

Gefahren Member

This just started yesterday for me.

Usually when I view a topic I just hit the back button to go back to the new posts list, now it doesn't. now it just keeps showing the same page several times. If I get the list of previous web pages it shows about eight pages titled 'Share' in the history.

I thought maybe i'd somehow picked up something on my computer at home so I tired with my work computer today and it did the same thing. Right now it's just an annoyance but I'd like to know what and why it changed.

Sudden changes in the behavior of my computer always makes me think that something insidious is going on. like I said, it just started yesterday.

I also noticed that there are always about 200 'guests' on the forum. as a matter of fact, as soon as I submited this post there were 2 guests viewing it.

2. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Hummm I always click back on the View new posts button as to get a "Fresh" new posts screen... I just tried it now, and it worked as expected......
    Using Chrome on a Windoze XP box.

3. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

I am havening the same problem and the forum seems slow to load at times.
    Running IE9 Win7
    Cheers
    E-T

4. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

I just tried it on my work PC. Windows 7, CHrome and Firefox. OK
    Also tried it on an Ubunto netbook with Firefox. Works as expected here too.

As far as it being slow... yes I noticed this at times, but wrote it off as being on a shared host.

5. Gefahren

Gefahren Member

Ok, so it's probably somthing that is effecting IE only, I'm using IE and Vista.

Yes I can go and click on the 'new posts' button everytime but I prefer just to use the back button on my mouse. Now if I click it about eight times it does go back, but that's not really convienent.

Yes the forum does seem slower than it used to be, I was attributing that too all the 'guest' accounts that are always connected to the forum. This place is alot busier than it used to be, but that is a good thing.

6. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Hi guyz, I have noticed this too with in the last week or so. it turns out since we were put in jail because of cpu over usage :) We are out now and I have cleaned up the server a little to help. I also had to remove the second Ustream VIP cam because it was really bogging us down. I can see the cpu throttling is way better now, it not even on the chart with 210 people on line. I called tech support and they confirmed that we are much faster now and said it was the second Ustream that was pushing the server cpu(s) really hard. they were not sure why and thought we should have plenty of room to grow, but that embedded script seemed to cause the problems.
    Thanks
    Mark and Trish

7. Gefahren

Gefahren Member

Apparently whatever you did fixed it, it's working like a charm now.

8. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member