1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Shout-out to the Programmers and Beta Testers!

Discussion in 'SketchUcam DOWNLOAD' started by kram242, Feb 14, 2009.

1. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Big thanks from me too.

Tim for the programming and Erik for the cool icons. Great job guys!

2. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

Great Work!! On the latest release Guys!!! To Tim and all the other contributors, thank you!! To all the guys who Beta tested it Thank You! The new icons are also really cool...

It's such a spectacular improvement over the last release... Really love the new features and tools. I've no doubt that you'll work out the few Bugs (sorry, undocumented Features) before too long...

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

3. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

Yes, thanks for the great job, everyone! Pete, Glen, Tim(gasmasher), 3dmon(Shawn), tvcasualty(Eric) and Mark&Trish; and anyone else who's help we won't know about. :mrgreen:

-Kwok

4. blindflight

blindflight Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Tim and all the others who spent time testing :D :D .. Great job!!

5. blindflight

You guys are just something else!! :eek: Glad your on our team, Thank You!! Again... :D

6. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Great job guys! way to go.. we are running strong!! :)
    Mark and Trish

7. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

For those of you who are not programmers, you cannot know how difficult it can be to produce a piece of work that does not have some what we call "Bugs" in it.

The code takes many branches during its operation executing instructions it has been given. As such, there often many different paths that can wind up at the same destination and along the way, parameters and inputs dictate how the code will branch.

It is nearly impossible to test every possible combination that the code will eventually execute.

There will probably always be bugs in the code, especially when it is constantly being updated to add new and additional features.

I was pretty critical of version 920, primarily because it was rewritten in a fashion that made backward compatibility an issue. But Tim quickly came up with solutions and within a week, he had addressed my concerns. Methods were quickly put into place to be able to switch from one version to another to allow us to regenerate gcode from older files while the backward compatibility issue was being fixed.

I have now spent enough time playing with 921 to know that the additional features save a tremendous amount of time in working up a file. I would be hard pressed to go back to 918 for any reason now.

There are still a lot of enhancements that will be implemented over time, a few bug fixes here and there of course, but the phlatscript has come a long way since I first began using it.

We owe, and especially I owe, Tim a big round of applause. He has been able to resolve problems quickly as they have been brought to his attention and 921 has some very nice features that are going to make our lives easier.

And thanks too to everyone else who has contributed their time and effort to report problems and test different combinations of inputs. Working as a team, these folks are improving the Phlat Experience for us all.

8. tvcasualty

tvcasualty New Member

Again, great job Tim, without your efforts none of this would have happened! I'm happy to be a part of it all! :)

9. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

Me too!
    Thanks so much Tim!

10. navionflyer

navionflyer New Member

Tim is so good at this, that he read my mind a while back and incorporated my idea into the latest version before I even posted it on the wish list. Very impressive. :D

To everyone who has had a hand in writing and updating the script THANKS for all your hard work!

Tim (not gasmasher)

11. kneedrag

kneedrag Member

I tried to post a message a while back but the gremlins ate it. So lets try again.

I real big thanks to all that made this possible. I remember as a kid saying if only it would be as easy to print stuff out like this. What do you know it is. Now as an adult I am having so much fun living my childhood dreams. ;-)

Especially the new version of the phlatscript it has made getting the stuff out of my head and onto the foam so much easier.

I can't thank you enough.

12. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Great job on the new Phlatscript release! 0.922
    A giant THANK YOU to all you guys for all your hard work on this release.
    A special thank you goes out Tim, for being on the forefront of these latest releases and helping to bring the Phlatscript into the future! Thank you brother! You guys are the best!
    Mark and Trish

13. FozzyTheBear

FozzyTheBear Member

Fantastic Guys!!! 922 is a dream to use!! not hit any new snags with it yet..... It seems to be very stable, and the output is working fine for me. It does seem to have fixed the issues with the last release.

Thanks yet again for all your hard work. Thanks Tim for driving it forward and thanks to the rest of the code team for all your hard work. You guys are a bunch of diamonds!

Best Regards,
    Julian (Fozzy The Bear)

14. rjarois

rjarois Moderator Staff Member

to Tim, and all the fellas that are involved, great work man....with running cnc machines, i always had programmers and i barely knew general G-code.....but you fellas, have made it so even a old monkey like myself can get a homemade model built and up in the air.....its very cool to look forward to new things. peace, randy.

15. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

Thanks, Tim and the crew, for a job well done. You just got on top of Santa's 'Nice' list!!! :D

16. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Thanks Guys, I have applied this to a new project and everything is working flawless!! Keep up the great work !!! :)

John

17. tsknutsen

tsknutsen Member

I must say, really thanks for the phlatscript :)

18. ToxicToast

ToxicToast Down in the weeds. Staff Member

I know there is a lot of anticipation about the upcoming release of PS-but I am surprised no-one has posted about it.

I can't wait, and wanted to congratulate Tim and the team for this AWESOME plugin set. We'd be up the creek looking at expensive and complicated solutions if it weren't for you guys. I've used several tooling solutions before but nothing compares to the ease and speed that is the PhlatScript. Thanks guys!

19. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Hey TT as beta tester s we have been using the new script for quite a while now and it as been working so smooth I guess we, or at least I feel as if it is a natural part of SU and sometimes forget that it is a separate module in itself. In fact, without the Phlatscript I'd have no real use for SU.

For my use, the Phlatscript makes SU.

And the new features are awesome! Tim out-did himself on the "traveling salesman" algorithm which eliminates the need to group parts before generating gcode. I suggest after getting the new release installed, open your old files in SU, explode everything and re-generate gcode and compare the cut files. You'll see a big difference in the travel path which will result in faster cut times when sent to your Phlatty.

Excellent work Tim

-Buk

20. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

That sounds AWESOME Buk!! I cant wait myself!! It is already a great tool, but to keep adding to the PS just brings more excitement to the design end of things, because we know the final product will be reliable!!
    THANK YOU TIM AND STAFF for these awesome updates!!

Take care
    John

21. ewo

ewo Moderator Staff Member

I dont think i ever said Thank you . So just let me say this now !

THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! THANK YOU ! for all the hard work you progamers do for all of us here !

Oh did i say thank you ? ;)

Bruce

22. dz1sfb

dz1sfb Member

Thanks again all! I know this is alot of work, and I really appreciate the dedication of all those writing code and all the time that goes into producing these tools.

Thank you again,
    Ken :D

23. rayclark

rayclark Member

Thank you guys. This is FANTASTIC!!

RC

24. lovebugjunkie

lovebugjunkie New Member

Thank you and great work on this.

25. blindflight

You the man Tim, thank you for your time and efforts!!