1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

SketchUcam Download

Discussion in 'SketchUcam DOWNLOAD' started by kram242, Jun 24, 2013.

1. swarfer

swarfer Moderator Staff Member

please attach your sketchup file so I can look at it

2. swarfer

ah, now I see what you mean. I tracked it down to 'something changed between Sketchup 2013 and 2014' and I am surprised no-one has noticed this (maybe they just draw flat things in the first place?)

anyhow, some internal Sketchup change prevents one doing a face.delete at the same time as doing some other stuff while looping through all selected entitities.

Please replace your PhlattenTool.rb with the one attached, then it should work.

Attached Files:

3. snooperace

snooperace New Member

because a picture is better than words and a video is priceless here is a video of my issue
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hE_WbTLw5Zc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

4. snooperace

snooperace New Member

that's much better many thanks for your help @swafer:doubleup:

5. swarfer

Version 1.4, Nov 2015
    The SketchUcam team is pleased to announce the release of these new features:
    Please read more about these and other features in the help, click the big blue question mark in the toolbar to open the help. upload_2015-11-1_12-17-8.png
    • Bug fixes
      • Fix for Phlatten tool.
        • Since Make 2014, Phlatten has failed to actually phlatten due to not liking the order used for deleting faces. Faces are now deleted separately from edge collection.
        • Fold/centerline/pocket tool depth in VCB.
        • The depth can now be set to floating point number, eg 10.6% or 34.15% etc.
        • Inputbox error checking.
        • All input boxes use exception rescuing to detect errors in number formats and 'retry'. This is a step on the way to handling regionalized number formats.
        • Note that a side effect of this is that the main parameters dialog will fail silently if it is given an invalid number and the corresponding variable will not be set. For example if you type 45t for Safe Height the safe height will not be changed AND you will not be notified.
        • Joiner tool - bug in long filenames.
        • When the joiner tried to create a comment from a long filename, the chunking operation failed. Replaced with .scan().
    Added features
    1. Make the path to the gplot program a string in options so it is preserved between versions.
      • By setting a path to a program that can display Gcode files you can use any program that takes a Gcode file as a parameter for preview.
    2. Multiselect pockets
      • If multiple faces are selected when the pocket tool is selected, all the faces will be pocketed.
      • All selected entities will be Unselected after this process.
      • If only one thing is selected, nothing is done, process is ignored.
      • Make sure you have the correct pocket parameters before doing the multiselect operation!
    3. Large plunge holes with sticky size
      • Holding down shift when clicking for a plunge hole allows you to set size, but until now you had to do that for every hole. Now you can tap the HOME key to set 'LARGE LOCK' on and be prompted for a hole diameter that will persist until you select another tool or tap HOME again.
    4. Holes in a grid
      • Select the Plunge hole tool
      • Hold down ALT and select the point for the bottom left hole
      • You will be prompted for the spacing and number of holes
      • A grid of holes is created
      • You can hold SHIFT at the same time and give a size for the gridded holes
    5. CounterSink/CounterBore tool
      • CounterSink, extension of the plunge tool, does counter sinks at the top of holes.
      • Grids and size selection same as for plunge tool.
      • Depth is always overcut% - hopefully always deeper than the bottom of the countersink.
      • CounterBore, does a counter bore on top of a hole.
      • Grids and size selection same as for plunge tool.
      • Depth is always overcut% - make sure it is deeper than the counterbore!
      • Ramping is forced ON for the counterbore to prevent the unnecessary center drill op.
    6. Simple ABC axis commands
      • On the Quicktools toolbar, use the rotate icon to set values for A, B and C axes, values will be output before all other motion, and zeroed after homing
    7. Toolchange
      • The T icon on the Quicktools toolbar enables the use of toolchange commands. For controllers that understand the 'Tx M6' command you can output the command with a given tool number. Optionally include G43 (apply offset) and Hx, select offset.

• The alternative option for controllers that do not understand T1 commands is to include a 'macro' file of Gcode commands that achieve the tool change for you. The tool commands can include a '%s' string: this is where the tool offset is inserted.
      • Activate this toolbar by ticking the View|Toolbars|SketchUcam Quick Tools item.
    8. Rapid approach for Z plunge
      • When starting a cut, Z will now rapid down to within 0.5mm of the surface before switching to plunge feed rate in the same way that ramping does. This should make cutting with high safe heights much quicker.

blamarpa likes this.
  6. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

There are a lot of cool additions in this update. Great job swarfer!!!!
    Thank you for all the work your putting into Sketchucam.
    :doubleup::dance3::doubleup:

blamarpa likes this.
  7. TigerPilot

TigerPilot Well-Known Member

swarfer, you are my hero!!! :banger:

blamarpa likes this.
  8. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

First, my thanks; Congratulations on the new version (1.4)
    I enjoyed the tool "Set offset 0.0", but it only applies to the last mark of the course and the plugin is with many buttons on the menu; as a suggestion (if possible be done), the tool could be integrated to the click of "Inside Outside or cut tool" to mark the route and be "modal" valid for all markings.
    Sorry if the text is not clear and errors (Google translation)
    Hugs
    Marco

9. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

Still testing the plugin ...
    Gplot does not work with Gcode created by phlatscript (Sketchucam). In Mach3 works perfectly.
    (Use Sketchup 2015 version in Portuguese with Windows 7 64-bit)
    Ps: I do not know if this is the cause of the error, but there is a difference to represent numbers in Portuguese and English
    Portuguese 1.500,56 = 1,500.56 English
    The point in the thousands in Portuguese can be non-existent or disregarded, but the comma is always considered for the fraction of the unit used.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  10. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

Other error
    At the time I installed the plugin I noticed this error.
    This message appears every time I open the Sketchup.
    Deletes the archive and made a new instalção during installation received the same warning message:
    Ps: There is a difference to represent numbers in Portuguese and English
    Portuguese 1.500,56 = 1,500.56 English
    The point in the thousands in Portuguese can be non-existent or disregarded, but the comma is always considered for the fraction of the unit used.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2015
  11. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

Please do not take as critical. The intention is to collaborate with ideas to improve what is already good.
    The "CouterSink tool" is fantastic, but it bothers me details making tools that are not present in the design. I prefer this tool is developed for bevels (when they exist in the drawing)
    [​IMG]

12. swarfer

this is a common problem and I created an FAQ type answer for it some time ago
    http://www.phlatforum.com/xenforo/threads/is-not-a-valid-floating-point-value.5385/

The popup warning is a warning not an error, it is telling you that you can expect problems unless you change the , to a .

gplot.exe does not handle alternate formats <b>at all</b> so you HAVE TO set your separator to the '.' if you want it to work. Since we do not have the source code I cannot fix it.

I have done some workarounds in SketchUcam itself, but there is still the fundamental problem that Sketchup does not handle international formats in a consistant way.
    You will see both formats in the parameters dialog, for example.

13. swarfer

Sorry Marco, I really do not understand what you said there. The offset tool works exactly as it is designed to, it allows you to move the Gcode 0,0 point away from the Safe Area 0,0 point. That is all it does.

14. swarfer

the way to do bevels is to use a different cutter, that is what toolchange is for (-:

15. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

Thanks for listening
    I understand that the tool works perfectly. So I like her.
    It turns out that this function could be integrated into other existing tools; Is that excess buttons just taking up too much space in SketchUp screen (my grid already full), I think it would look better with fewer buttons.
    But the most important is to define the starting point for all cuts (modal) and not just in the last cut that was marked.

16. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

I own MasterCam, ArtCam, SolidCAM, Cambam, and other software. I do not want the plugin full functions competing with them, I simply integrated want to SketchUp (clear that some improvements would be welcome)
    but continuity loving Phlatscript, you know why?
    Because virtually all design in Sketchup, is this integration lies the strength of the plugin, if he starts to stray from the design, and have own life, start doing things that are not in design, will be the beginning of the end.
    We not always have special tool to bevel, sometimes the bevel is too large, the tool can not do.
    In such cases need to export the design and use a more robust Cam program, it would be great to do this with Phlatscript (even if you stay some stair treads)
    You have done a good job. In no way am criticizing, it's just a suggestion
    Thank, hugs.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2015
  17. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

I tested the version (SketchUcam-1_4-22ee.rbz) with Sketchup 2016.
    Apparently this running smoothly. The only problem is warning about the conflict between SU and Win7 on the comma and decimal point when you start the program.
    There is a difference between decimal notation in Portuguese (,) and English (.).
    With previous versions of SU + Sketchucam it did not happen.
    This same problem was already taking place in the SU2015. I know that changing the shape of decimal notation Win solve, but this procedure causes problems in other applications.
    I have mentioned it here in the forum, and was promptly answered by fellow "swarfer" I'm just repeating that because of the new version of the SU.
    Hugs to all and good year.

18. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

I do not use Gplot, for me is superfluous (delete this application from the Plugins folder) prefer to test the Gcode directly into Mach3 which is the controller program I use.
    Apparently SketchUp works very well with regional notations (all numeric formats presented accompany regional comfiguração Windows
    Hugs.

19. TigerPilot

That, obviously, is a question of taste. I prefer to have Gplot open immediately after I generated the g-code. It opens fast and I can see if there are mistakes or not. Many times I had problems which I was able to fix before I went to my machine.

20. swarfer

Marco you should read the help about the Gplot program setting (under 'options'). You do not need to delete the .exe, you can change the program used by SketchUcam to preview the Gcode, maybe Mach3 can be opened directly instead of Gplot.

Any program that can take the file to open as the first parameter can be used for preview.
    Internally, SketchUcam gives the command
    Code:
    path/to/gplot.exe path/and/name/of/gcodefile.cnc
    so if Mach3 will open a gcode file in the same way you can use the settings menu to put in the path to mach3 so it uses that instead of gplot. Just be careful not to open 2 copies of Mach3 at the same time!

Also I might mention that deleting things you think you don't need can easily have unexpected consequences.
    Like the time my father-in-law deleted all the files in C:\WINDOWS because, he said "I never use those and I need the disk space!"

21. marcomartim

marcomartim Member

swarfer;
    I appreciate your tips and all his efforts to develop the Phlatscript (Skechucam).
    Normamente do not exclude files, and hardly damage the Windows, but if it occurred I reinstall.
    Preference is a personal thing, a developer must give preference to the opinion of most users.
    I have nothing against Gplot (it just did not work here) excludes it did not work on my system (as already reported).
    I prefer to test the Gcodes the Mach3 as a practical matter. He is the controller of my machines with specific parameters for them.
    A gcode can work perfectly in gplot but can cause collision and other problems in the real world.
    Hugs

22. Rolf

Rolf New Member

TigerPilot likes this.
  23. TigerPilot

Thanks, Rolf. Great find/post! :doubleup:

24. swarfer

well, just export to svg (there just has to be a plugin for it :), run the packing thing, reimport and cut.
    HOWEVER, I see a problem in it. That algorithm appears to pack the shapes so they touch, which is nice for a laser but not good at all for a router.

that said, I have been thinking about this and was in fact looking for a plugin the other day. there are some non-free ones....

25. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

That SVGnest is nice.
    There is a way to make it so the parts do not touch. There is a configuration tab and the first option is space between parts.

swarfer likes this.