1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Starting from a different coordinate?

Discussion in 'SketchUcam Help' started by Jnida63, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

Is there a way for the Phlatscript to start its cut from say the middle of the drawing instead of the corner?
    There are some things I want to try that starting in the center would make it easier to flip the piece over and cut the other side of the piece.

If it starts at the center I can mark the center of the foam and would be able to flip it over to re center it easily.

Does that make sense to anyone?

2. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

If you have multiple parts laid out and you want the part in the middle to be cut, that you can do by grouping that part and so forth. The groups will determine the cut order.
    If what your saying is to have a part cut from a specific point on that, part then no.

3. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

The second picture arrow points to the default spot the G-Code is generated from, the first picture shows where I want to start my cuts from.
    I hope this makes more sense as to what I want to do. Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Gefahren

Gefahren Member

You could manually add a jog at the begining of the code to move the bit to the middle, but it would still go from there to wherever the first part to be cut is. I think it would be a ' G1 Y11 ' command to move the bit to the middle (assuming an 22" wide cutting safe area) There is also a way to add a pause in the code so that you could have it move the bit to the middle and then wait for you to get your sheet lined up. I can't remember what that code is off the top of my head.

Other than that, the phlatscript always generates the code in reference to the origin (0,0) and puts the x and y as positive moves from there. I don't think the phatscript will generate negative moves as if the origin (0,0) was in the middle like you pointed out.

5. kyyu

kyyu Active Member

How about doing a plunge (hole) cut there? If you group it, them it will get cut 1st. You can try stepping the gcode to there, placing & align the foam, and resume the cutting.

-Kwok

6. 7up

7up Moderator Staff Member

Gasmasher (Tim) can help you with this. I remember reading a discussion about this back some time ago.

A parts starting cut point is determined by how it is drawn in SU but I don't remember all the specifics.

Maybe Tim will reply or you could PM him.

-Buk

7. Jnida63

Jnida63 Member

I will figure something out, i want to try to pocket the inside of a fuselage that is made from 1 inch thick material.
    I can goof around with trying to find the exact spot that would work.

More to come..........................