1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Toledo Promo plane

Discussion in 'Free Flight' started by Evil-Tunes, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

First I would like to thank AnyAirRc for such A fine "BAe Hawk" FreeFlight model to work with :D .
    viewtopic.php?f=64&t=86
    I had 2 stacks of foam that was compressed to .200 instead of .25. Now I'm just trying to get rid of the stuff as I found out the slots are to big for the compressed foam. Seeing That Mark and Trish were very busy getting ready for the show. I scaled up the "BAe Hawk" so I could get Phlatboyz.com cut out on the side. I was going to cut out the PB.com all the way thru but then it would be mirror image on one side. so I gave it a shot with the centerline tool and it looked Great with the 1/16" chipbreaker. I cut out about 150 of them till I decided to mess with the motor setting thinking that I broke the PP in some. That proved to be very bad. I shaved off about 7 min of time but started missing steps and melting the foam onto the bit. AnyHoo I gave what I had to Mark and Trish. I wanted to give them the gcode so they could cut more out at the show. They will be using the 1/8 bit. I redid the SU file for 1/8 and 1/6 and added the gcode for both also. I have not tested the 1/8 gcode yet but looking forward to as it has the new vtabs in it . Looking at the gcode in mach3 it did all the inside cuts in a row. I hope that was one of the fixes in the new Phlatscript. If anyone cuts out the 1/8 bit ones please let me know if it's ok.

Cheers
    E-T Attached files [​IMG] Phlatboyz Promo Glider.zip (1 MB)Â

2. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Ok I did a test cut and it works GREAT! thanks ET :)
    Mark and Trish

3. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

Mark and Trish

Can you post a picture I would like to see the PhaltBoyz part?

Thanks
    E-T

4. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

np sorry about that.. thats the one aera that neds a little tweakin
    Mark
    Attached files [​IMG]