1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Watch the MKII in Action [Videos]

Discussion in 'PHLATPRINTER MKII PICTURE [GALLERY]' started by theothers, Feb 25, 2009.

1. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Thats good to hear :D
    Mark

2. jzwieg@hughes.net

jzwieg@hughes.net New Member

Haven't built mine yet. But, how about putting same thickness sheets to right and left of work peice. Maybe a little tape at the end points to make a full sheet with equal pressure across the entire roller?

I use scrap lumber at ends of boards to keep my planer from dishing out the ends of a good but short board.

Just a newbee who hasn't unpacked my PhlatPrinter yet.

3. Flashsolutions

Flashsolutions Active Member

I buy packages of 3 or 4 inch wide balsa and then glue them together to get the wider widths.

Be sure to put some wax paper on the work table to keep the glue from sticking to the work surface.

If you are in a hurry, use the super glues. If you are in no hurry, wood glue works well. I usually spread a bit on my finger and just wipe the edge of the balsa and set it on the wax paper and butt the next piece up to it and lay some weight on them to help keep them in place.

4. rcav8r

rcav8r Moderator Staff Member

Glad to see someone else is having this problem ;)
    I can cut 3"x1/8" balsa with no problems, but can't even cut 12"x1/16" ply without skewing; even at 5ipm. I was attributing this to my Dremel as it was bogging down and pushing the piece. I did try to make a makeshift fence with some clamps and a straight edge, but couldn't get good way to fix the clamp on the roller end. I have a few ideas for this, but gave up and just cut the ply by hand (gasp ;) )as I was running out of ply stock
    I'll post my fence mod if I get it running before yours (doubtful)

5. 3DMON

3DMON Moderator Staff Member

6. Lieutenant Loughead

Lieutenant Loughead New Member

That's pretty sweet. I'm anxious to know what it will cost...

I'm glad the Mark I will still be available to newbies like me -- that's a great marketing strategy. :)

One thing -- I really wish the Mark II (or the Mark I) would cut a full sized sheet of Depron (27" x 39") -- that would make it easier for me to load the foam... As it is, I will have to cut the full sized sheets into half-sheets. :(

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

[​IMG]
    Never mind.
    I thought I had an idea, but it must have been gas. :oops: