1. Hey guyz. Welcome to the All New Phlatforum!

The Phlatforum is a place we can all hang out and

have fun sharing our RC adventures!

2. Dismiss Notice

Xtremes Build Progress of the MKII !!

Discussion in 'Phlatprinter MKII BUILD LOGS' started by xtremeRCpilot, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous New Member

John, that machine needs a gnarly paint-job, or some eyeball-searing LEDs, or a mind-boggling LCD readout display, or all of the above! ;)
    That's a great looking machine! :cool:

2. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Thanks Dennis !! I am going to do some neon lights inside and out It is going to be sweet!!! As for paint Im probably going for some Vinyl Graphics from a bud of mine!! I will post when its done!!

John

3. kram242

kram242 Administrator Staff Member

Alright John!! nice job! Looks really great
    Its really nice to see how fast you were able to be up and cutting without any prior experience!
    Remember when you need help just ask and we will all do our best to help you
    Thank you for the pics and the post keep'em coming!
    This post really brings on the excitement for us :)
    Mark and Trish

4. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Thanks Joe, It has been a lot of fun!!! I cant wait to cut a fresh design!! I am working on a few right now and hope to have something ready for the weekend! I have been cutting some small stuff that I put together but designing a plane is really a lot of work :)

John

5. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Thanks Mark, I could not have done this without yours and Trish's help!!! Besides being a Friend, you guys are second to non in customer service!!! I am proud to be a Phlathead member :). I have been cutting alot of cool little designs I put together and am working on my Ghost plane as we speak. I did cut the superslo28 in 9mm foam and it worked perfect ( Thanks Crash )!!! Remember guys that epp has alot of pockets so if you are cutting on smaller sheets(12" x36") USE THE GUIDES :) It will keep the piece from skewing.
    What a fun machine!! Cant wait to see all the others up and running!!

John

6. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Hello Guyz... Just wanted you to know I found a cool inline switch that works great for your Rotozip tool so you can turn it in on from outside the cabinet!!! Hope this helps, it works great!!

Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. iflyos

iflyos Member

Where'd you find it? HD or Lowes?

Tim
    AG4RZ

8. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Hi Tim, I got this one at Lowes!!! HD probably has them as well!! :)

Thanks
    John

9. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Just cut a 36" F18 wing tonight!!! Ran out of code on Mach :( Thats OK , Just bought the complete version WOOO HOOOOO!!!

Attached files [​IMG]

10. Evil-Tunes

Evil-Tunes Moderator Staff Member

John, That switch works great. I also use one of them on the power board cord. It's a quick way to shut it off before you put your hands in the PP. :mrgreen:

Cheers,

E-T

11. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

AWESOME E-T... Now we need to find a way to connect via remote, now how lazy is that :D
    Gotta love technology!!!!!

John

12. theothers

theothers Administrator Staff Member

Hey xtreme. That switch was a nice find and I can not tell you how great it is to see your pic of the foam you cut on your Phlatprinter.

By the way, thank you for purchasing Mach through phlatboyz.com. We really appreciate it.

Well, it looks like you are well on your way and we couldn't be happier. Now, let's see you put those designs that you have been carrying around in your head into Sketchup! We can't wait to see them.

Mark and Trish

13. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Thank you so Much Mark and Trish. Mach is working flawlessly!!
    I am spending as much time as overly possible ;) working on learning sketchup and running foam through the phlat printer MKII here is a sneak peek at the ghost design I am going to offerfor sale via Xtreme RC, my brother is working on the web site for me :)

Yes, there will be ghostly eye decals and carbon supplied :mrgreen:

Take care
    John Attached files [​IMG] [​IMG]

14. kram242

Thank you John
    John that ghost is awesome! and right on time for halloween! You know I'm getting one of these for sure. :D
    Mark

15. theothers

John,

Your ghost plane looks awesome! I have heard you and Mark talk about it but this is the first I am seeing it. It really looks cool and it looks like it's going to be a blast to fly. Looking forward to the kits.

Mark meant to say two of these :D

16. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Thanks Mark and Trish, I really appreciate the kind words.!! I am having alot of fun with my Phlatty and learning Sketchup, I have to send you guys a ghost so you can try it out. I hope to maiden mine soon and make sure all is well with the design. I have been flying my first version for years with great results and expect this one to fly just as well but I did scale it down a little so its time for the trial run :) I will talk to you soon!!! :D

Take care
    John

17. theothers

Hey John. Have you had a chance to test fly the ghost? How did you make out? It looks really cool. We wish you the best of luck :) Can't wait to get our hands on it.

Mark and Trish

18. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

Hi Trish, I need to get some carbon from the hobby store and then I can give it a test flight :) I will pop one in the mail for you so you can be my Beta tester :D . I need to figure out the CG point and motor supports. I should have a chance by next weekend!! Thank you again for all the support on this project!!! I am having so much fun with my MKII!! :mrgreen:
    John

19. kram242

Xtreme, I have been wondering where you were? I thought you might have been painting your MKII? :D
    Mark

20. xtremeRCpilot

xtremeRCpilot Member

LOL :) Mark, I wish I could set some time aside for the paint, I think I am going to do graphics on it !!! I have been grueling over a few designs I must have cnc style ha ha ha!!
    I am going to need another one on one my Friend!! I am finally getting sketchup pretty good but have some issues with figuring out how the heck you do some of the things you do ;)

If you get a chance this week I would be grateful for another lesson on how to assemble the pieces of a plane once it has been designed, that and a couple quick ones!!!

Thanks for checking up on me and yes, Im still alive down here in the basement, My Wife brings me a sandwich from time to time :)
    TIE
    John

21. kram242

That would not be a problem at all, it's always good to talk with you. When you get some free time just call
    Talk to you then
    Mark